Who should attend Christian initiation sessions?
People who would like to become Catholic or who are Catholic and would like to complete their sacraments.


How long will it take?
It all depends on your needs. This is a journey for you to get to know Jesus Christ through the Catholic Church. If you are not baptized, the process may take more than a year. If you are previously baptized, your journey will depend on your needs. We will work with you to discern when you are ready to take the step to become Catholic.

What is a sponsor and how do I get one?
A sponsor is a Catholic in good standing who will accompany you on your  journey to answer questions and to act as a guide to your parish community. Your sponsor is encouraged to attend sessions with you. Your sponsor will also attend sessions when you miss one, so they can cover you on what you miss. If you do not know anyone who can sponsor, we will provide a sponsor for you.


What documents will I need?
If you are previously baptized you will need to provide the RCIA Coordinator with a copy of your baptismal certificate. If you are baptized Catholic, you will need a recent two-sided copy of your baptismal certificate sent from your church of baptism, with the church’s seal on the document. All other needed documents will be provided during the initiation process.

I am divorced, can I become Catholic?
·        If you are divorced but not remarried you can become Catholic.
·        If you or your spouse has been previously married, you will need to meet with a priest or deacon to determine what steps need to be taken before you become Catholic. If you and/or your spouse require an annulment, reception into the church will need to wait until the annulment has been completed.

What should I do if I am married to a Catholic but our marriage was not blessed by a priest or deacon?
Make an appointment with a priest or a deacon to take the steps to validate your marriage in the church.

Reporting Abuse

Sexual Abuse Hotline: Bishop Knestout encourages anyone aware of sexual abuse of minors on the part of clergy or staff of our Diocese to notify civil authorities, call Attorney General’s Clergy Abuse Hotline at 1-833-454-9064 and reach out to the Diocesan Victim Assistance Coordinator, Jennifer Sloan at 1-877-887-9603.